Numeric Evaluation of a Data Column
Numeric Evaluation of a Data Column numerically compares one column in a tabular data file to either another column or to a fixed numeric value, then outputs only those lines matching the comparison criterion.
- To use Numeric Evaluation of a Data Column, upload your data in tab-delimited text format.
- Resources: None
All files are located in the Community Data directory of the iPlant Discovery Environment at the following path:
Community Data > iplantcollaborative > example_data > numeric_evaluation_of_a_data_column
Use Countries.txt as test data.
Parameters Used in App
When the app is run in the Discovery Environment, use the following parameters with the above input file to get the output provided in the next section below.
- Use these parameters within the DE app interface:
- Indicate the test column - c3
- Enter either another column (cN) or a number - c4
- Select a comparison operator - Less than
- Lines of header text - 1
Expect a text file numeric_filter_out.txt as output.