The CyVerse App Store is currently being restructured, and apps are being moved to an HPC environment. During this transition, users may occasionally be unable to locate or use apps that are listed in our tutorials. In many cases, these apps can be located by searching them using the search bar at the top of the Apps window in the DE. To increase the chance for search success, try not searching the entire app name and version number but only the portion that refers to the app's function or origin (e.g. 'SOAPdenovo' instead of 'SOAPdenovo-Trans 1.01').
Also, as part of the 2.8 app categorization, a number of apps were deprecated and are no longer available, and there is no longer an Archive category. You can search for a suitable replacement in the List of Applications in this window, or search on an app name or tool used for an app in the Apps window search field. If you need an app reinstated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DE Quick Start tutorial provides an introduction to basic DE functionality and navigation.
Please work through the tutorial and add your comments on the bottom of this page. Or send comments per email to email@example.com. Thank you.
QUAST: QUality ASsesment Tool for Genome Assemblies. MetaQUAST is the extension for metagenomic datasets, and Icarus, interactive visualizer for these tools
Gurevich, A., Saveliev, V., Vyahhi, N., and Tesler, G. (2013) QUAST: quality assessment tool for genome assemblies. Bioinformatics 29, 1072-1075
QUAST is a tool for evaluating genome assemblies by computing various metrics, including
- N50, length for which the collection of all contigs of that length or longer covers at least 50% of assembly length,
- NG50, where length of the reference genome is being covered,
- NA50 and NGA50, where aligned blocks instead of contigs are taken,
- misassemblies, misassembled and unaligned contigs or contigs bases,
- genes and operons covered
QUAST Builds convenient plots for different metrics
- cumulative contigs length,
- all kinds of N-metrics,
- genes and operons covered,
- GC content.
- A CyVerse account. (Register for an CyVerse account here - user.cyverse.org)
- Input file(s)
- Input file (Genome assemblies generated by using any of the genome assemblers in fasta format)
- Output directory name
- Maximum number of reference genomes: Maximum number of reference genomes (per each assembly) to download after searching in SILVA database. Defaultvalue is 50.
Ambiguity usage: Way of processing equally good alignments of a contig (probably repeats):
|skip all such alignments;|
|take only one (the very best one);|
|use all alignments. Can cause a significant increase of # mismatches (repeats are almost always inexact due to accumulated SNPs, indels, etc.).|
The test data for testing QUAST in here : /iplant/home/shared/iplantcollaborative/example_data/metaQUAST.sample.data
- Open MetaQUAST-4.3(denovo based) app in DE
- Select/drag input files (meta_contigs_1.fasta and meta_contigs_2.fasta) into the Inputs section of the app
- Select/drag reference genomes (meta_ref_1.fasta, meta_ref_2.fasta and meta_ref_3.fasta) into the reference genome section of the app
- Select the name of the output file (metaQuast_output) in the output section of the app
Successful execution of the QUAST assessment pipeline will create metaQuast_output folder
|report.txt||assessment summary in plain text format,|
|report.tsv||tab-separated version of the summary, suitable for spreadsheets (Google Docs, Excel, etc),|
|report.tex||LaTeX version of the summary,|
|alignment.svg||contig alignment plot (file is created if matplotlib python library is installed),|
|report.pdf||all other plots combined with all tables (file is created if matplotlib python library is installed),|
|report.html||HTML version of the report with interactive plots inside,|
|misassemblies_report||detailed report on misassemblies|
|unaligned_report||detailed report on unaligned and partially unaligned contigs|