The master copies of EMBOSS documentation are available at http://emboss.open-bio.org/wiki/Appdocs on the EMBOSS Wiki.
seqret reads in one or more sequences and writes them out again. The sequence input may be a literal sequence or read from a database, file, file of sequence names, or even the command-line or the output of another programs. The sequence output can be written to screen, to file, or passed to another program.
To use seqret,
- upload your input data in most format, such as fasta, GenBank, Embl, or Emsembl, gcg formats.
- Choose your option, such as reverse
- Select your output sequence format
- launch your job
Test data for this app can be found here: Community Data -> iplantcollaborative -> example_data ->EMBOSS
The input can be in most sequence format, such as fasta, gcg, GenBank, Embl, and Ensembl formats. For details, please see http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/release/6.0/emboss/apps/seqret.html
- Test input in GenBank sequence format: Community Data -> iplantcollaborative -> example_data ->EMBOSS -> Input -> X65923.txt
Parameters Used in App
When the app is run in the Discovery Environment, use the following parameters with the above input file(s) to get the output provided in the next section below.
- Default parameters only, no further configuration needed.
Standard EMBOSS output sequence file.
- Expected output files: Community Data -> iplantcollaborative -> example_data -> EMBOSS -> Output -> seqret.output