NCBI GenBank Import can be used to retrieve nucleotide or amino acid sequences from NCBI's GenBank repository by submitting a list of accession or GI numbers.
- To use NCBI GenBank Import, upload your list of identifiers in plain text/.txt format. Select the list and chose the amount of information to be stored in the sequence header of the output file. Options are:
- Minimal: GI number only,
- Species: GI number, species name and taxon ID,
- Short: GI number and shortened species name,
- Full: GI number, accession, version, species name and taxon ID.
If necessary, enter a length difference threshold to exclude sequences that are longer or shorter than the median length. Leave blank to retrieve all sequences.
Community Data > iplantcollaborative > example_data > ncbi_genbank_import
Parameters Used in App
When the app is run in the Discovery Environment, use the following parameters with the above input file(s) to get the output provided in the next section below.
- Default parameters only, no further configuration needed.
Expect sequences.fa file from http://mirrors.iplantcollaborative.org/example_data/get_sequences/sequences.fa as output.